Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Monsoon Wedding

It's the perfect evening, and the bride and groom are busy recieving guests (and gifts).


Iam busy listening to my gossipy Athai about why she was finding it tough to find a suitable match for her daughter.

5 minutes later, Iam being admonished by my stern Periappa for my ignorance on the intricacies of a Mozart composition.

5 minutes later, Iam playing a game of tag with my 7-year old nephew.

5 minutes later, Iam drowning my sorrows of the IT world with a fellow victim and a cousin of mine.

5 minutes later, Iam shouting myself hoarse to make myself heard to my 80 year old Pattiama.


Right through all this, there's a lazy undercurrent of warmth, a feeling that you're at peace with the world, a feeling that you're right where you belong.....

And that is the best part about a big family wedding. It brings all the characters of that soap opera called 'Your Family Life' on a single plate, served with extra helpings.
Sure, there's a lot I can crib about being born in a large family, but...naa, today's not the day!

Restating the obvious, I attended a family wedding recently. And the thing that struck me was how some people, who I could never picture as 'married' till a few years back, were busy settling down and getting on with their spouses and kids!

Aah! The cruel ravages of time!

As Hootie and the Blowfish would soulfully sing,

" Tii-iiiii-iiiime....
Why do you punish me?"

2 Comments:

Blogger John Bedford Solomon said...

I was wondering if this cousin in whose arms you drowned your IT sorrows hopefully wasnt me. -:)

1:35 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

naa....an IT cousin is a dime-a-dozen phenomenon for me, and for most everybody, these days :-)

but you would definitely fit into my sentiments in the end parah ;-)

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home