Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Power?



I voted.

I exercised my most basic democratic right.

I fulfilled my obligation, my duty, towards society and the country.

I made a rational decision on who I thought was the best equipped to lead the State.

I played a significant role in deciding the fate of Tamil Nadu for the next 5 years.

I made a choice which will now ring in the changes for my betterment.

I will now begin to witness personal, social and economic growth all around me.

I.....umm............never mind!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm...er..whom did you vote for??

3:49 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

oops!..did that come across as a rant against the people's latest mandate??..err, coz that's not what it was meant to be...

For the record, I went for Amma :-)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Murali Krishna A V said...

Is this the first time u r voting ?
I was unable to vote this time..
hope remote voting becomes a reality soon...

10:27 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Yep, the first time, after 2 previous unsuccessful attempts....

Remote voting, eh?...spoken like a true e-professional! ;-)

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does it matter that the person you vote for wins or loses, I hate it when the person I vote for loses.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

The mandate very rarely gets influenced by the candidate being fielded (there are exceptions like our Captain, of course ;-))...it's generally always the Party whose fortune we decide. So no real issues for me as long as the 'bigger picture' is favourable. :-)

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home